This webinar was held on THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020 at 9:00 AM ET | 6:30 PM IST | 9:00 PM SGT
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected stock markets globally. In this webinar, we will take cues from the pandemics in the past and quantitatively analyze the impact on financial markets. You will also learn to visualize and analyze the data in Python.
- Walkthrough past pandemics and series of events
- Quantitatively analyzing the impact on financial markets during past pandemics
- Hands-on Python code to plot the index, sector and stock performances
- Sectors returns that are most and least impacted during pandemics
- Comparison with COVID-19 pandemics sector performance
What will you learn?
- Analyze and compare the stock market performance in past pandemics
- Data visualization in Python
Who should attend?
AVP, Content & Research at QuantInsti
Ishan Shah leads the content & research team at Quantra by QuantInsti, as it's Asst. Vice President. Prior to that, he worked with Barclays in the Global Markets team & with Bank of America Merrill Lynch. He has a rich experience in financial markets spanning across various asset classes in different roles.
Codes used in this webinar can be found on our Github account here: Impact of Pandemics on Financial Markets