Rohit Gupta (Vice President at ARC Capital Singapore - Investment Bank) in this session explains the secondaries market and covers everything from the introduction, sellers, case studies to buyers, factors and all that you would need to know to get started. Rohit is an EPAT Alumni.
About EPATians' Share
Amidst these testing times, 'EPATians' Share' is an initiative where EPATians from across domains have come forward to share their wealth of knowledge with EPATian community by way of series of short sessions of 25 - 40 minutes, in their area of expertise.
- Introduction to secondaries markets
- What are secondaries
- Overview of the sellers in the markets (cases of angels, PE’s, family offices, VC’s)
- Motivation for the sellers
- Live case study of a VC in Singapore
- Overview of the buyers in the markets
- Motivation for the buyers
- VC/PE perspectives: factors that attract secondary investments as compared to the primary ones
- Live case study on unicorns (Grab- Singapore, Paytm- India, Face++/Touitiao (China) and the VC/family office investments through a secondary route
- Growth of secondary fund and comparative analysis of returns made by primary vs secondary funds
About the Speaker
Rohit Gupta is currently working as a Vice President at ARC Capital Singapore - Investment Bank, headquartered in Shanghai, focusing on both public as well as private markets. In his current role, he is working with top VC’ and PE’s from APAC and advising them on the capital raising using alternative ways of financing and also helping their portfolio companies/existing LP’s for potential exits in the secondary markets.
Previously Rohit has worked at a Hedge Fund in Hong Kong where he was managing a portfolio of China/Hong Kong equities. He also has experience in investing in the US fixed income markets during his stint as a Prop trader back in India.
Rohit completed his MBA from CUHK in 2015-16 and during his term at CUHK he was also awarded for the Global Leadership Award among the top 50 B schools at St Gallen University- Switzerland for enhancing the peer to peer learning environment.
Visit our Spotify channel here.
Disclaimer: All data and information provided in this article are for informational purposes only. QuantInsti® makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information in this article and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.