Date and Time
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
04:00 PM GMT | 12:00 PM EST | 09:30 PM IST
About Sentiment Analysis
Sentiment Analysis. also known as opinion mining, is the process of computationally identifying and categorizing opinions expressed in a piece of text, especially in order to determine whether the writer's attitude towards a particular topic, product, etc. is positive, negative, or neutral. The analysis finds significant prominence in social media, stock markets, law, policy making, sociology and even customer service.
- How Sentiment Analysis works
- Designing Trading Strategies using Sentiment Analysis
- Historical analysis of profitability – Case studies
- Pitfalls in using Sentiment Analysis and how to avoid them
- Download an Excel trading Model
- Overview of the conference in Singapore on Sentiment Analysis in Finance
- Previous webinar on Sentiment Analysis
Rajib Ranjan Borah, Co-founder, iRageCapital Advisory
Rajib designs High Frequency Trading Strategies for Asian exchanges and works with other exchanges & institutions to design educational programs. He has been an invited speaker at conferences like "UChicago Quant Trading Conference" and “5th Annual Conference: Behavioural Models & Sentiment Analysis Applied to Finance”, July 2015 in London, on sentiment analysis and high frequency trading in America, Europe and Asia.
He has a post-graduate management degree from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering from National Institute of Technology Surathkal as well as internship experiences with Bloomberg in New York (equity option derivatives research) & with Solutia's EMEA strategy HQ in Belgium.